Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The best way to beat the pressure...

It seems that with the mild winter (at least here in MA) allergy season is upon us and it seems some other type of bird-named flu is going around too so I've spent the last few weeks being all stuffed up and dealing with sinus pressure. Now, being from the South and we Southerners being notorious for the breadth of home remedies and cures for everything (most of which do seem to work mind you) I remember my father shooting warm salt water up his nose to clear out his sinus. As weird as I thought that was, it always seemed to do the trick!

Well.. I guess he was "cutting edge" because I recently got a package in the mail of a legit version of the same remedy. Waterpik (yes the folks we always think about with oral care) is now getting into the sinus health biz. Thinking the timing was rather appropriate since I had just tried blowing my nose the clear out my head, I bounded up stairs (what? I bound when I'm happy) to try this thing out.

Now, unlike the rather torture device-like apparatus my dad used to use back in the day, Waterpik has an easy-to-use, battery-powered water pulsator that does all the work with the squeeze of the trigger. Easy to use and safe for ages six and up. The biggest selling point for me is that its an "all-natural" approach to better breathing. I get tired of taking some type of over the counter drug when I get stuffed up and hate the feeling I'm left with after taking them even more.

The SinuSense comes with Saline Packs. Unlike the burn of just regular salt water back in the day, the Waterpik Soothing Saline Packs contain eucalyptus oil and aloe vera which do a great job at taking the sting out of sinus cleansing.  The pulsator gets the solution deep into the sinus cavity gently, no blasts of water to make you choke or gag. Now, I will tell you that this is not a treatment you're going to be doing in front of a group of people. Water goes in one nostril and out the other. I know it sounds weird but it works and my nasal passages felt great. This is an easy "add" to your morning routine and I'd rather include this and feel like I don't have the sinus med "fog" for the rest of the day when it comes to going out for a run or ride.

Wanna try WaterPik Sinusense yourself?  Go to their website and print out a coupon good for $2 off any Sinusense product!  While you're there, look around and see all the other products in the Sinusense line. You should also look check them out on Facebook, YouTube and on Twitter.

While I have been compensated for this review, all thoughts and opinions are my own. But if you know me...I don't say you should try something unless I love and think you should too

No comments:

Post a Comment