Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The only way to know if you're progressing is to push your limits...

While in "Phase 2" of rehab post-surgery I can't run but I CAN ride "to pain". Well, if that the case I need to find out where hat threshold is.

Using the team time trial coverage from the Tour de France a few years ago for motivation, I got on the bike tonight to see how hard I cold push. The goal was to hammer a rolling hills course for 90 minutes while keeping at or above 90rpms to really give me a mark on the wall to see where I'm at with leg fitness and cardiovascular fitness. 

There was no doubt I pushed hard because I was soaking wet, my quads/flutes/hams are already killing me and while I could only muster 26 miles total I had NO pain the in hip joint/socket. So...win! Now I need to eat and maybe take a quick nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment