Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I wouldn't say I have a "mantra"

If I had a "mantra" its probably Nietzsche's "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" (on a side note, I feel like I'm getting pretty strong from the ridiculousness that is my life!).

But I do believe this is true for how to approach life. I have NEVER had the top of the line of anything my whole life. Instead of dwelling on that...I focus on making the best of what I do have. No, its not a "settling" thing or a "lie to yourself" kind of thing. Rather, its realizing that what you have (and the fact that you can indeed have something) is pretty great. There are always others that have less than you. Whether its food, a home, a job, their health or for us triathletes...the type, amount or brand of gear. Rather than dwelling on "only what you have"...relish that you have it. Enjoy it and if you want something greater, take positive steps to make it a goal and move forward in order to get it. No one has done anything great while being held down by negativity. Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment