Monday, May 29, 2017

What works for you...

6 miles. Dear running gods, forgive me for my sins but it's been almost 2 years since I've ran 6 miles...An ugly, rainy day so onto the treadmill I went. It's funny that getting back to training I've had lots of people tell me what I should and shouldn't do. And, to be honest, I've had tons of self doubt about what I should be doing and how myself. But, I know what works for me: training everyday, few rest days if any, eating when I feel like it not force feeding myself and pushing, pushing myself beyond limits...or at least learning new ones. Today wasn't a land speed record but I did throw in a few sets of intervals over the hour of running (as fast as a 7min/mi pace at one point) and still averaging around a 9min pace. I'll take it...and more importantly I feel physically and mentally good about it. Now to keep building and keep pushing

No comments:

Post a Comment